At Wychwood Pre School in Milton-under-Wychwood, Oxfordshire, our aim is to provide a happy, stimulating and safe environment for our children to learn through play during their pre-school years.
- We are Based at Milton-under-Wychwood Village Hall, Oxfordshire
- We have a large outside play area (lawn and all weather surface)
- We care for pre-school children aged from 2 to 5 years
- We are open Monday to Friday 9.00-12.00 with extended hours Monday- Thursdays (See below)
- Lunch Club and extended hours on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 12.00pm to 2.00pm
- Lunch and Dance club on Tuesdays 12.00pm to 1.00pm
- We also run Wychwood Toddlers on a Friday 9.00am to 11.00am alongside the preschool session!
- We follow the National Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum
- We offer an excellent standard of care with qualified, friendly and dedicated staff
- We are members of the Early Years Partnership and so receive funding for three-year-olds (up to 22 hours Funding available if eligible. Please speak to the team if interested in additional hours and they can advise more).
- We also accept Two-year funding.
- We are also a member of the Pre-school Learning Alliance
- We are competitively priced
A Day in the Life of Wychwood Pre School
On arrival, the children find their name tag, hang their coat and towel and, after greeting the staff, they choose which area they wish to play in. Goodbyes are child dependent and can come at any point during this time!
During sessions, our children are encouraged to play independently, together, or as part of an activity with a member of staff.
This free play takes up most of the morning until it is time for group learning on the carpet. The children are encouraged to sit quietly and listen to a story, a show and tell, sing songs or play games. The VIP child (monitor) of the day will help choose songs and games and help direct the proceedings.
At snack time, the VIP will count the children and distribute cups accordingly. Outdoor play can be before or after snack time or both. Children are encouraged to play outdoors each day whatever the weather. We have enough all weather suits for all the children to wear. At home time, the children gather on the carpet once more for the home time song and the VIP will welcome the parents into the hall.
Come and meet us!
Contact our Pre School Manager, Karen Jefferies on 07905 632623 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to reserve a place for your child, our application to join form is available separately as a PDF file for you to download and print off. Please return the completed form by hand to any member of staff.
Our full registration form is also available as a PDF file for your information although a member of staff will go through and complete this form with you at the start of your child’s time with us.
You can ring us or call in any time for these forms.