Wychwood Pre-school was established over 45 years ago and we maintain good relations with the local community, especially with the local school and nursery.
At Wychwood Pre-school we offer an excellent standard of care. The pre-school is managed by an experienced management committee and is run by qualified, friendly and dedicated staff.
We currently have an OFSTED ‘Good’ grade.
The Role of the Key Worker
Each member of staff has a group of children for whom they are particularly responsible. Your child will have a key person who will work closely with you to ensure that what we provide is right for your child’s specific needs and interests.
Throughout your child’s time here, your key person will help your child to benefit from all the activities we offer. When your child starts with us your Key Person will help to settle them in and take extra care of them in the first days.
On a day to day basis, your child’s key person will :-
- Give time and attention to each child.
- Talk with the children about their interests and activities.
- Allow the children to explore and be adventurous in safety.
- Share their own special interests with the children.
- Help each child to feel he/she is a valued member of the pre-school.
- Help each child to gain from the social experience of being part of a group, and make sure that they receive a balanced Early Years experience.
During each term, your child’s key person will :-
- Make formal and informal observations of the child and keep records of progress in the seven areas of learning in accordance with the EYFS.
- Identify next steps in the six steps of learning and ensure the child has appropriate learning experiences to progress.
- Maintain a progress report of the child’s development which will then be passed on to their next setting. These are confidential but parents are welcome to see their own child’s report on request.